From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dracut + UUID : a problem solved
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:37:11
1 On Sunday 10 Jun 2012 22:48:32 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 22:08:24 +0100
3 >
4 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:48:10 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 > > > syslinux/extlinux and friends are more suited for embedded devices,
7 > > > liveCDs and that sort of thing. They never found much traction for
8 > > > desktop use which explains why the Handbook makes no real effort to
9 > > > document them.
10 > >
11 > > One of the main strengths of {sys,iso,ext}linux is in demonstrating
12 > > how simple and well-documented GRUB is by comparison.
13 >
14 > That has *got* to be the first time ever someone could validly call
15 > grub "simple" and "well-documented"
16 >
17 > Usually, grub is anything but :-)
18
19 Well documentation is pretty good me thinks, or at least GRUB legacy was. I
20 haven't yet delved at any depth into GRUB2, which is of course more
21 complicated than its predecessor.
22
23 PS. [OT] what key am I supposed to press to be able to see some more verbose
24 output on the console while *ubuntu is booting?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick