From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo healthy?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:02:01
1 On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:39:23 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > You could, as soon as you have a system in a working state, tar up
4 > > the entire /usr/portage tree,
5
6 > Yes, I think this is a simple answer. A bit difficult for 5-7 machines
7 > if I do it separately for each, but not too bad.
8
9 There's no need to do it separately, the portage tree is the same for all
10 of them. Just make sure you exclude distfiles and packages or you're going
11 to need an awful lot of disk space :)
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 The present never ages. Each moment is like a snowflake, unique,
18 unspoiled, unrepeatable, and can be appreciated in its surprisingness.