From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:43:19
1 On 12/11/2011 01:10 PM, James Broadhead wrote:
2 >
3 > I didn't take this email at face value when I read it earlier, but I
4 > just merged my openrc-0.9.7 config file.
5 > Wow, what a cynical move.
6
7 It's not cynical. If you put a cool-sounding option in there with a
8 comment that says "this will delete all of your documents," some idiot
9 (i.e. me) is probably going to enable it.
10
11 Parallel doesn't work correctly, and it shouldn't be enabled unless
12 you're looking for fun ways to break stuff.
15 > Perhaps someone could do some performance testing on rc_parallel to
16 > find out if it's worth fighting for as a feature.
19 The directive still exists, it's just been removed from the default rc.conf.
20
21 This prevents people from thinking "well, parallel is better than not
22 parallel, so I'm gonna enable it." I should know, most of my machines
23 still have it enabled and that was the extent of the research I did.