From: Holger Hoffstaette <holger@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Filenames with "special" characters (äöü¤€¶) on SMB share of Linkstation HD-HLAN250
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:17:45
1 On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:55:27 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > Holger Hoffstaette schrieb:
4 >
5 >> I have the following in my smb.conf:
6 >>
7 >> unix charset = ISO8859-15
8 >>
9 >> and Umlauts work correctly either way (Linux <-> XP), but then again I
10 >
11 > Thanks to OpenLink firmware from http://linkstationwiki.org/, I've now got
12 > root access via ssh/telnet to the box. In the smb.conf of the NAS device,
13 > I find:
14 >
15 > client code page = 850
16 > character set = ISO8859-15
17
18 Hm..that does not look too wrong, although cp850 is right for Windows
19 only.
20
21 > It is running:
22 >
23 > root@HD:~# /usr/sbin/smbd -V
24 > Version 2.2.8a-ja-1.1
25 >
26 > To what values should I change that?
27
28 No idea. :( Encoding changed a bit in samba3 and I do not remember what I
29 did when I was still running samba2, although I remember I had it working
30 correctly - so it should be possible.
31 You could also try to set UNICODE in /etc/rc.conf to "no" and see if that
32 changes anything on the Gentoo client.
33
34 good luck
35 Holger
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list