From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Filenames with "special" characters (äöü¤€¶) on SMB share of Linkstation HD-HLAN250
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:03:23
1 Holger Hoffstaette schrieb:
2
3 > I have the following in my smb.conf:
4 >
5 > unix charset = ISO8859-15
6 >
7 > and Umlauts work correctly either way (Linux <-> XP), but then again I
8 > have a relatively new samba version (3.0.20). Samba has several different
9 > charset and encoding options; if your storage device does not allow
10 > changing arbitrary parameters you're most likely out of luck.
11
12 Hm.
13
14 Thanks to OpenLink firmware from http://linkstationwiki.org/, I've
15 now got root access via ssh/telnet to the box. In the smb.conf
16 of the NAS device, I find:
17
18 client code page = 850
19 character set = ISO8859-15
20
21 It is running:
22
23 root@HD:~# /usr/sbin/smbd -V
24 Version 2.2.8a-ja-1.1
25
26 To what values should I change that?
27
28 Thanks again,
29
30 Alexander Skwar
31 --
32 s = (char*)(long)retval; /* ouch */
33 -- Larry Wall in doio.c from the perl source code
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list