From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 00:04:30
1 On Wed, 16 May 2007 17:40:20 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > I think the important point about this was that it was such a trivial
4 > > hiccup to fix - USE="-directfb" emerge -1 libsdl - then continue with
5 > > the previous emerge.
6
7 > Neil, I know you know more about this than I do but I always do a emerge
8 > -uN world after I change my USE line in make.conf. Would that not be a
9 > prudent thing to do? Seems that would fix that but it may mean
10 > compiling something twice though.
11
12 It wouldn't have helped in this case as neither package was installed,
13 hence the USE-enabled conflict, each package needed the other to install.
14
15 When updating, changes i USE flags rarely cause problems, and will do
16 even less so when we get use-deps.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional!!