From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:50:10
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > You mean I shouldn't have copied over a make.conf from another machine
5 > without checking? ;-)
6 >
7 > I think the important point about this was that it was such a trivial
8 > hiccup to fix - USE="-directfb" emerge -1 libsdl - then continue with the
9 > previous emerge.
14 Neil, I know you know more about this than I do but I always do a emerge
15 -uN world after I change my USE line in make.conf. Would that not be a
16 prudent thing to do? Seems that would fix that but it may mean
17 compiling something twice though.
18
19 Dale
20
25 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
26
27 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.