From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recent changes to install procedure
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 16:31:31
1 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2019-08-03 07:56, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hooray! They've changed the default locations to something more
5 >> sensible. Keeping data in /usr never made sense, I switched PORTDIR
6 >> to /var/portage years ago. Keeping tarballs inside the portage tree
7 >> made even less sense.
8 > I tried to do that some time ago, but I've run into some issues. It
9 > looked like not all of the tools honored the PORTDIR variable.
10 >
11 > So instead, I just made /usr/portage a separate filesystem.
15 Do you know what tools those were?  I moved mine years ago and I don't
16 recall any tools having issues.
17
18 Dale
19