From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recent changes to install procedure
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 16:27:55
1 On 2019-08-03 07:56, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > Hooray! They've changed the default locations to something more
4 > sensible. Keeping data in /usr never made sense, I switched PORTDIR
5 > to /var/portage years ago. Keeping tarballs inside the portage tree
6 > made even less sense.
7
8 I tried to do that some time ago, but I've run into some issues. It
9 looked like not all of the tools honored the PORTDIR variable.
10
11 So instead, I just made /usr/portage a separate filesystem.
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
17 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.