From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clashing dependencies in KDE
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:12:38
1 On Thursday 11 December 2014 11:09:00 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Thursday 11 December 2014 14:47:08 Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 > >> On Thursday 11 December 2014 12:18:28 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
6 > >> > As a final straw (or first option - depending on you preferences) you
7 > >> > could resync the tree: maybe you've gotten an incomplete
8 > >> > version/revbump
9 > >> > that already is resolved in later versions of the tree.
10 > >>
11 > >> That did it - thanks. I see we have a new version of KDE today, and the
12 > >> changes to the tree had only been partly completed. I should have
13 > >> thought
14 > >> of that myself.
15 > >>
16 > >> Now to shut KDE down and upgrade it...
17 > >
18 > > I spoke too soon. I'm now seeing hundreds of file size errors, so
19 > > clearly
20 > > the update is still in progress. I'd better leave it until tomorrow.
21 >
22 > And this is just one more reason why we need git. :)
23 >
24 > It looks like there are still a few issues left. I was able to solve
25 > them by removing semantic-desktop from my USE flags, and removing
26 > amarok and digikam from my world. I'll deal with them some other day
27 > - I don't really use either much now.
28
29 Today everything went like clockwork. I have semantic-desktop in USE but
30 those two programs are not installed here. You might want to try again.
33 Rgds
34 Peter.