From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clashing dependencies in KDE
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:09:07
1 On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 11 December 2014 14:47:08 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> On Thursday 11 December 2014 12:18:28 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
4 >> > As a final straw (or first option - depending on you preferences) you
5 >> > could resync the tree: maybe you've gotten an incomplete version/revbump
6 >> > that already is resolved in later versions of the tree.
7 >>
8 >> That did it - thanks. I see we have a new version of KDE today, and the
9 >> changes to the tree had only been partly completed. I should have thought
10 >> of that myself.
11 >>
12 >> Now to shut KDE down and upgrade it...
13 >
14 > I spoke too soon. I'm now seeing hundreds of file size errors, so clearly
15 > the update is still in progress. I'd better leave it until tomorrow.
18 And this is just one more reason why we need git. :)
19
20 It looks like there are still a few issues left. I was able to solve
21 them by removing semantic-desktop from my USE flags, and removing
22 amarok and digikam from my world. I'll deal with them some other day
23 - I don't really use either much now.
26 Rich