From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Locking dependant installs
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:56:47
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [12-10-07 17:36]:
2 > On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 17:20:05 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > I want to emerge application "F", which
5 > > depends on library "A","B","C","D" and "E",
6 > > which unfortunately are not used by any other
7 > > program and are really heavy to compile in terms
8 > > of compile time.
9 > >
10 > > Unfortunately the last step -- the compilation
11 > > of "A" -- fails, which I recognize unfortunately
12 > > but naturally at the moment all other dependencies
13 > > are installed.
14 > >
15 > > Is there a legal and clean way to "lock" those
16 > > already installed dependencies and save them
17 > > from being wiped out by the tidy and clean up
18 > > commands normally used after a general update
19 > > of gentoo?
20 >
21 > I can think of three options:
22 >
23 > 1) Create a set (if using portage 2.2). Add each of the packages
24 > to /etc/portage/sets/depsforF then emerge -n @depsforF.
25 >
26 > 2) quickpkg B C D E - then it doesn't matter if they are unmerged them
27 > as you can quickly re-emerge them with the -k option.
28 >
29 > 3) Don't run emerge --depclean until you have resolved this issue.
32 > --
33 > Neil Bothwick
34 >
35 > How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a
36 > good idea to put wheels on luggage?
39 Hi Neil,
40
41 thank you for your help! :)
42