From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Performance: WD vs. Samung SSD vs. M.2 SSD
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 18:33:41
1 Am Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 02:46:56PM -0700 schrieb thelma@×××××××××××.com:
2 > Nothing scientific, but I was surprised how fast M.2 disk so decided to
3 > time how fast GnuCash will load my accounting, her it is:
4 >
5 > Box 1.)
6 > WD (spinning disk) CPU AMD-8150 (8-core), 16GiB
7 > Time to open GnuCash - 23sec.
8 >
9 > Box 2.)
10 > Samsung SSD 850, CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core, 16GiB
11 > Time to open GnuCash - 15sec.
12
13 I can hardly believe that. Does your duration include the entire boot
14 process? If so, the times look quite alright, but that’s not what
15 description says.
16
17 Can you reproduce the same time when you close and then open gnucash a
18 second time? (By then all files should be in cache and startup should be
19 significantly faster if indeed the drive is responsible).
20
21 > Box 3.)
22 > M.2 SSD, CPU AMD Ryzen 7, 32Gib
23 > Time to open GnuCash - 2.5sec
24
25 If you indeed do include boot times, then I find this too fast. But if it
26 does, then not bad. *whistle*
29 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
30 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
31
32 Just because I wrote a word wrong doesn’t mean that I am imcomentent.