From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this drive toast?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:14:10
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
2 maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Maxtor was very unhelpful and linux-illiterate. I
5 > won't be buying another drive from them if I can avoid
6 > it.
7
8 MAxtor sucks in my opinion. Seagate will replace a warrantied drive
9 without much hassle, and they aren't too expensive. They last a while
10 too. It takes a while, but they'll eventually ship you a working
11 drive.
12
13 I have also had good luck with samsung spinpoint drives on the low end
14 of the market.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list