From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this drive toast?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:16:28
2 > so it is still covered by warranty? Replace it!
3 > >
4 > > Can I just let this slide?
5 >
6 > no, replace it.
7
8 Tried to. Maxtor insists that you run a special boot
9 disk which supposedly spits out a number code that
10 tells them what the problem is. Every time I ran the
11 program it said my drive was fine. No code, no
12 replacement. The problem I was having then was the
13 drive could not be booted from the very beginning. You
14 could dual boot from another drive or another
15 partition OK by tweaking grub.
16
17 But this particular problem is something new.
18
19 Maxtor was very unhelpful and linux-illiterate. I
20 won't be buying another drive from them if I can avoid
21 it.
22
23 mw
28 Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
29 http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list