From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] processor speed
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 02:54:56
1 Hello, I apologize for the tangents.
2
3 The only on-topic comments I can offer are that: yes, those parts seem
4 to be usable with Gentoo, whereas similarly old parts a decade ago
5 were not; and, I have been looking for a low power server setup and
6 would appreciate if you could communicate your ultimate part
7 selection.
8
9 Also that a $350-$400 CPU seems to be more than sufficient. My
10 i7-4770K is still very capable and that I look forward to some day
11 using a multisocket system with very nice Xeons (or the AMD
12 equivalent, if it becomes competitive).
13