From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gkrellm [Was: Something eats my memory - please help]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 20:58:42
1 On 170411-22:33+0200, Floyd Anderson wrote:
2 > On Di, 11 Apr 13:44:52 +0200
3 > Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> wrote:
4 > >How can I get urxvt to start undecorated, i.e without any edges nor
5 > >window title?
6 > The manual page urxvt(1) mentioned the command line option ‘-bl’ and the
7 > configuration resource ‘borderless’. Check your compiled-in support for
8 > this with ‘urxvt -help’ for the former or with ‘urxvt --help’ for the
9 > latter.
10 >
11 > It’s up to the window manager to honour those settings. A short test
12 > with the command line option on ‘xfce-base/xfwm4-4.12.3-r1::gentoo’
13 > works here.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Regards,
17 > floyd
20 Yes it does! It works! And that's what the mailing lists are for! Perfect!
21
22 You know what the only other option of mine I thought was? To rummage
23 through Xorg manuals! And no, I wouldn't have found it, or would I...
24
25 I don't think so... And that would take hours, maybe long hours... And
26 would have been useless exercize, in part (there are always good things
27 to learn in FOSS programs manuals, so only: in part)...
28
29 But I wouldn't have found it! Because it was in the
30
31 $ man urxvt
32 ...
33 -bl Compile frills: Set MWM hints to request a borderless window,
34 i.e. if honoured by the WM, the rxvt-unicode window will not
35 have window decorations; resource borderLess. If the window
36 manager does not support MWM hints (e.g. kwin), enables
37 override-redirect mode.
38 ...
39 (not that I understand what MWM exactly mean..., WM of course means
40 Window Manager, doesn't it?)
41
42 And, but I have to post that in the other thread with the title:
43 How to set size to windows in Openbox in local config WAS: Something eats my memory
44 https://lists.gt.net/gentoo/user/325306
45 ( in mailboxes: Message-ID: <20170411183714.GA9341@×××.xdwgrp> )
46
47 Pls. see my reply to my own query there, updated with this solution
48 (sending it right after this email), for which solution I thank you! :-)
49
50 Regards!
53 Miroslav Rovis
54 Zagreb, Croatia