From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.3.1 query
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:07:48
1 On Donnerstag 17 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 090917 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Mittwoch 16 September 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
4 > > > Faced with the KDE 4 steamroller rumbling & shuddering ever closer,
5 > > > I've been trying out the 4.3.1 versions of apps I frequently use.
6 > > > I have not installed the desktop management part of KDE,
7 > > > only the apps themselves & whatever deps they require:
8 > > > Fluxbox is my desktop manager of choice.
9 > >
10 > > fluxbox is not a manager. It is merely a window manager.
11 >
12 > It manages my desktop much better than KDE 4.2.1 did ...
13
14 no, it does not manage your desktop. It only manages windows. It is a window
15 manager. Not a desktop. You are a native speaker, aren't you?
18 > > KDE can use all ICCCM adhering WM.
19 >
20 > How can "KDE use WM" ? -- your words make no sense in English.
21
22 the WM is just a part that can be replaced like any other one. Just google for
23 'KDEWM' or have a look into system-settings, standard components. Second row
24 from above.