From: Michael Swanson <rearden@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Must all software be installed with Ebuilds?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 05:32:51
1 I'm setting up a home webserver on Gentoo Linux and was wondering about
2 the above question. I've read on here many places about people writing
3 their own ebuilds to install software. One of the pieces of software I
4 run is Communigate Email, which is commercial software and gets
5 installed by a script, not by compiling source code. Is this a problem
6 for Gentoo? Or is this particular software outside the knowledge of
7 Portage, and as such, not checked for dependencies and such? Thanks for
8 any help you can give me.
9
10 On a totally unrelated question, when I use Firefox in Xfce, I can't us
11 Ctrl+F4 to close a tab. Does anyone know how I can avoid that? Thanks.
12
13 Mike Swanson
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list