From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg: Failed to load module: glx fglrx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:49:38
1 On Tuesday 28 November 2006 15:26, James wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan <at> linuxholdings.co.za> writes:
3 > > You might want to emerge module-rebuild to help with such things in
4 > > future. It tracks which ebuilds install kenrel modules that need to be
5 > > rebuilt, and rebuilds them all with one command. So you still have to
6 > > remember to run it after a kernel upgrade, but at least it removes the
7 > > resulting hassle if you forget about one of the packages
8 >
9 > Ahhh,
10 >
11 > But does it detect kernel changes and pop itself into the list when one
12 > runs some like 'emerge -uDp ' ???
13 >
14 > That's what's needed is both a list of what to rebuild and an automated
15 > reminder. I have so many gentoo systems running now, it's difficult
16 > for my _tiny_little_brain to remember what I did, where and when.....
17 >
18 > (kinda like the good ole days of skirt_chasin in college...)
19 >
20 > Any help for those of us with premature_alzheimers?
21
22 You do know that `emerge -u gentoo-sources` does not install a new kernel,
23 right? It only installs the sources (hence the name). module-rebuild needs to
24 be run after you've actually configured, compiled and installed a new
25 kernel...
28 Bo Andresen