From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg: Failed to load module: glx fglrx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:31:57
1 Alan McKinnon <alan <at> linuxholdings.co.za> writes:
4 > You might want to emerge module-rebuild to help with such things in
5 > future. It tracks which ebuilds install kenrel modules that need to be
6 > rebuilt, and rebuilds them all with one command. So you still have to
7 > remember to run it after a kernel upgrade, but at least it removes the
8 > resulting hassle if you forget about one of the packages
9
10 Ahhh,
11
12 But does it detect kernel changes and pop itself into the list when one
13 runs some like 'emerge -uDp ' ???
14
15 That's what's needed is both a list of what to rebuild and an automated
16 reminder. I have so many gentoo systems running now, it's difficult
17 for my _tiny_little_brain to remember what I did, where and when.....
18
19 (kinda like the good ole days of skirt_chasin in college...)
22 Any help for those of us with premature_alzheimers?
25 James
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list