From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS configuration (tcp/ip & MythTV)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:46:59
1 What filesystem are you exporting over NFS?
2
3 On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Mark Knecht wrote:
4
5 > On 8/2/05, Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> On 8/2/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> but how do I know it's being used? And how do I know that the rsize
9 >>> option is being used?
10 >>>
11 >>> Thanks,
12 >>> Mark
13 >>
14 >> Could you watch the traffic between the two using something like
15 >> ethereal? This should tell you which protocol is being used.
18 > Hi Matt,
19 > OK, ethereal was pretty easy to use, and it does indeed show that
20 > I'm using TCP for packat transfer. I see a proto=NFS packet followed
21 > by a number of TCP packets with sizes of 8K bytes so this seems to
22 > verify that both options I was looking for ar indeed working.
23 >
24 > Thanks!
25 >
26 > Unfortunately this means I'm no closer to the root cause of my real
27 > problem which is mythbackend shutting down without warning. It
28 > happened again just a few minutes ago. This all started happening
29 > after I brought this NFS mount on-line as storage for the mythbackend
30 > server. I suppose I'll have to go back to the reduced storage option
31 > (15 hours instead of 120 hours) and make sure that it's really this
32 > disk/PC/network connection.
33 >
34 > Thanks again for your help.
35 >