From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS configuration (tcp/ip & MythTV)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:07:10
1 On 8/2/05, Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 8/2/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > but how do I know it's being used? And how do I know that the rsize
5 > > option is being used?
6 > >
7 > > Thanks,
8 > > Mark
9 >
10 > Could you watch the traffic between the two using something like
11 > ethereal? This should tell you which protocol is being used.
14 Hi Matt,
15 OK, ethereal was pretty easy to use, and it does indeed show that
16 I'm using TCP for packat transfer. I see a proto=NFS packet followed
17 by a number of TCP packets with sizes of 8K bytes so this seems to
18 verify that both options I was looking for ar indeed working.
19
20 Thanks!
21
22 Unfortunately this means I'm no closer to the root cause of my real
23 problem which is mythbackend shutting down without warning. It
24 happened again just a few minutes ago. This all started happening
25 after I brought this NFS mount on-line as storage for the mythbackend
26 server. I suppose I'll have to go back to the reduced storage option
27 (15 hours instead of 120 hours) and make sure that it's really this
28 disk/PC/network connection.
29
30 Thanks again for your help.
31