From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Music Database Collection
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:46:42
1 Sean wrote:
2 > I would like to create a database of some sort for my music collection.
3 > It is large so I thought that somehow I could use some application that
4 > could pull the info from a freebd server and if I wished I could alter
5 > any info. Try to entering it all by hand will be just to big of a project.
6 >
7 > I also hope to be able to export that info somehow. This attempted
8 > project will only be fully useful if I can get the database in some form
9 > into my Palm after it is created.
10 >
11 > Any such packages in portage that anyone can recommend for such a project?
12 > Any tips from anyone who has attempted such a project?
13 >
14 > Also, I am running Gentoo amd64, so the app(s) will need to run on that
15 > platform.
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance
18 > Sean
19
20 As someone else on the list suggested, I recommend Tellico all the way.
21 One of the things I like about Tellico (besides that it's visually
22 pleasing) is that it allows you to record if you have loaned any of your
23 collection to someone else.
24
25 If you read Linux Journal and are aware of the "Cooking with Linux"
26 column, this article was written about Tellico:
27
28 http://www.marcelgagne.com/cwl042005.html
29
30 And you can apparently export to your Palm, according to this article.
31
32 Regards,
33
34 Colleen