From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Screen resolution problem
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:22:40
1 On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:57:41 +0300
2 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3
4 ...[snip]...
5
6 > > Several obvious questions arise:
7 > >
8 > > _Why_ did X select a different resolution today?
9 > > _How_ can I get to the higher resolution?
10 > > _What_ can I do to prevent a recurrence of this problem?
11 >
12 > Don't know about 1 and 3, but you can change resolution by simply
13 > right-clicking on your desktop in most DEs and in the settings there
14 > select a resolution.
15
16 Gnome's right click doesn't offer any system setting choices. From the
17 start menu, System//Preferences//ScreenResolution offers choices, but
18 only up to 1024x768. There's no sign of the 1280x1024 that had been in
19 use :-<