From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-user <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't browse WinXP shares from gentoo
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:51:56
1 > My conclusion is that you absolutely *must* use a non-null username
2 > AND password when connecting to Windows XP Professional.
3 > Apparently, you cannot connect to any share with a username that
4 > does not have the password set.
5 >
6 > Can anyone confirm or deny this? If there is a way to get "true"
7 > anonymous browse access to a WinXPPro box, I'd like to hear it.
8
9 I can access my Windows XP Pro's shares with out user name or password
10 quite successfully. Using both xsmbrowser and mounting them in the
11 terminal. Are you sure that the other XP machines on the network dont
12 also require a password to access the shares?
15 Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
16
17 "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
18 - Mark Twain
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list