From: matthew.garman@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't browse WinXP shares from gentoo
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:40:37
1 On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 11:45:38PM +0200, Ryan Viljoen wrote:
2 > I can access my Windows XP Pro's shares with out user name or
3 > password quite successfully. Using both xsmbrowser and mounting
4 > them in the terminal. Are you sure that the other XP machines on
5 > the network dont also require a password to access the shares?
6
7 Did you have to do anything special to enable that kind of sharing?
8
9 This is the only Windows box on the network (it's my local home
10 LAN), so I don't have anything else to use as a comparison or
11 reference.
12
13 <shrug>
14