From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Is a wiki what I'm after?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:29:49
1 On Saturday 12 November 2005 18:17, Jimmy Rosen wrote:
2 > However, I haven't found a good OCR program yet. That is the major
3 > hurdle. Searchability is the really important thing. The space saving
4 > and portability is nice enough though, for the moment.
5 >
6 > I heard that Adobe has a windoze only software that can do this
7 > reasonably well, but I haven't researched it further.
8
9 Not sure about Linux OCR. I know that you can get ScanSoft or Paper Port for
10 windows. Paper Port is what I hear most people recommend.
11
12 > Jimmy
13
14 Chris White