From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fcron question
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:49:49
1 Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> [10-10-17 13:52]:
2 > Am 17.10.2010 11:27, schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I want to start a script via fcron, which collects all EPG
6 > > informations into an xml- and into a text-file.
7 > > To do so, tzap needs to be run.
8 > > This implies, that noone is using the dvb-t interface under /dev.
9 > >
10 > > This cannot quaranteed for all cases in the future.
11 > >
12 > > Can I instruct fcron to retry the execution of a script - say - 30 minutes after
13 > > the time of the original scheduled start, if the script returns with
14 > > an rc != 0 ?
17 > Hmm, I don't think so. Its man-page doesn't show such an option. I think
18 > your best bet is to create a wrapper script which tests the existence
19 > and stats of some file for checking it. Then let fcron run that script
20 > every 30 minutes.
21 >
22 > The attached file should get you going.
23 >
24 > Hope this helps,
25 > Florian Philipp
28 Hi FLorian,