From: "Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bus error during compilation of gcc
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 19:43:34
1 On 2013-04-20, the guard <the.guard@××××.ru> wrote:
5 > Суббота, 20 апреля 2013, 19:56 UTC от Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>:
6 >> On 2013-04-20, the guard <the.guard@××××.ru> wrote:
7 >>
8 >> > The package i decided to install required a gcc rebuild so I started
9 >> > rebuilding it and got a bus error. I've googled and found suggestions
10 >> > to lower makeopts, but it didn't help.
11 >>
12 >> Every time I've gotten bus errors when building things it turned out
13 >> to be a hardware problem.
14 >>
15 >> Bad RAM, failing CPU, failing motherboard power supply capacitors, bad
16 >> disk controller card (obviously, that was a _long_ time ago).
17 >>
18 >> If I were you, I'd start by running memtest86+ overnight.
21 > memtest revealed nothing
22
23 Which does not mean there's nothing there ;-)
26 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
27 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/