From: the guard <the.guard@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bus error during compilation of gcc
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:45:07
1 Суббота, 20 апреля 2013, 19:56 UTC от Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>:
2 > On 2013-04-20, the guard <the.guard@××××.ru> wrote:
3 >
4 > > The package i decided to install required a gcc rebuild so I started
5 > > rebuilding it and got a bus error. I've googled and found suggestions
6 > > to lower makeopts, but it didn't help.
7 >
8 > Every time I've gotten bus errors when building things it turned out
9 > to be a hardware problem.
10 >
11 > Bad RAM, failing CPU, failing motherboard power supply capacitors, bad
12 > disk controller card (obviously, that was a _long_ time ago).
13 >
14 > If I were you, I'd start by running memtest86+ overnight.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Grant
23 memtest revealed nothing