From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bus error during compilation of gcc
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:35:17
1 On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 00:44:46 +0400
2 the guard wrote:
7 > Суббота, 20 апреля 2013, 19:56 UTC от Grant Edwards
8 > <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>:
9 > > On 2013-04-20, the guard <the.guard@××××.ru> wrote:
10 > >
11 > > > The package i decided to install required a gcc rebuild so I
12 > > > started rebuilding it and got a bus error. I've googled and found
13 > > > suggestions to lower makeopts, but it didn't help.
14 > >
15 > > Every time I've gotten bus errors when building things it turned out
16 > > to be a hardware problem.
17 > >
18 > > Bad RAM, failing CPU, failing motherboard power supply capacitors,
19 > > bad disk controller card (obviously, that was a _long_ time ago).
20 > >
21 > > If I were you, I'd start by running memtest86+ overnight.
22 > >
23 > > --
24 > > Grant
30 > memtest revealed nothing
31
32 We had an old QNX machine start giving bus errors during compilation of
33 a large application. Running memtest (for approx 40 hrs) showed
34 nothing, but a close visual examination of the motherboard showed
35 bulging capacitors, i.e. failing capacitors.