From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:21:00
1 On 01/08/2014 20:17, James wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> New job, new environment. Existing persons suffer from
6 >> 5-year-old-with-a-hammer syndrome and assume cron is the solution to all
7 >> ills. Result: a towering edifice of cron jobs that may or may not
8 >> clobber each other's work, may or may not work at all, and implement no
9 >> error handling at all. But my god, can they spew out mail from STOUT
10 >
11 > Sounds like a department full of computer scientist I inherited a few
12 > decades ago...........
13
14 I've met folks like that....
15 Brilliant in their chosen field but completely useless outside it? The
16 kind of fellows who see nothing wrong with eating a barbeque'd steak
17 with a spoon because they can get a result?
20 > I know nothing bout chronos, but I find it an interesting read....ymmv.
23 > http://nerds.airbnb.com/introducing-chronos/
24 > http://airbnb.github.io/chronos/
25 > https://github.com/airbnb/chronos
26
27 Aaaaaaaah, now this sounds like something I can use. Proper dependency
28 chains, Restful JSON interface so the devs can write code to drive it in
29 automation.
30
31 Good find, thanks!
38 > cheers mate!