From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bouncing Messages
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 23:08:11
1 On 03/02/2018 02:52 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I did send a help message first, so that I would know exactly what to do.
3 > I followed it. Still, I don't think I received anything even now.
4
5 I'm not surprised.
6
7 The testing that I did last night when you posted the links caused me to
8 believe that the original messages were re-sent to the requester the
9 exact same way that they were originally sent. (I actually like that
10 feature.)
11
12 I sort of expect that you won't get the re-sent message because it will
13 very likely fail the same tests that the original message failed.
14
15 > I know I didn't get anything new for at least 15 or 20 minutes and even
16 > then, it was a reply to a recent post. I wouldn't think that would be
17 > a missing message from a few days ago.
18 >
19 > Maybe it is something else. Maybe it is google on my end in this
20 > case anyway. I dunno.
21
22 The re-sent messages that I saw were the original message, re-sent.
23 This means that they would have the same subject, date, etc, not updated
24 for when you requested them to be re-sent. Thus if you're threading
25 messages, they will show up in the thread where the original message
26 belonged.
31 Grant. . . .
32 unix || die