From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 23:20:11
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 9/3/06, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Ah, the mystery of why are things marked stable...
4 >> If fixes for 4.1.1 are in ~arch, why is 4.1.1 in arch?
5 >
6 > For the benefit of the (hopefully, vast majority of) users not
7 > affected by this. It should only be a few, seldom-used packages that
8 > have this problem.
9
10 I don't get it. A given arch system should be self consistent. An ~arch
11 system in theory should be too, but being testing I understand it can not.
12 The purpose of being on arch should be "having a self consistent system
13 within itself" not "having a mostly working bunch of packages". The few,
14 seldom-used packages could be the *critical* packages for a given user
15 (I think to some scientific packages, for example... not many use them,
16 but they can be the very reason to have Linux for someone) Shouldn't all
17 stable packages being tested with a given compiler before that compiler
18 becomes stable?
21 m.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list