From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo messed up after upgrade
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 05:26:07
1 Miernik wrote:
2 >
3 > Before I had ~amd64 in ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, but in the middle of this
4 > upgrade I thought it was a bad idea, because many programs failed to
5 > compile, so I removed that from make.conf, and did run
6 > 'emerge --empty-tree world'
7 > which downgraded everything back to stable. But one thing I couldn't
8 > downgrade was glibc which stayed at version
9 > sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1
10 >
11 > XTerm is not using my ~/.Xresources settings.
12 >
13 > Is there any way I can possibly fix my system?
14
15 The only thing I can recommend is rebuilding system, and then rebuilding
16 world to make sure everything is rebuilt using the same toolchain,
17 including the toolchain itself. Pretty much the same as installing from
18 scratch though, but at least you won't have to configure everything again.
19
20 I suspect changing ACCEPT_KEYWORDS in the middle was not a good idea.