From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo messed up after upgrade
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 05:32:34
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > [...]
3 > The only thing I can recommend is rebuilding system, and then rebuilding
4 > world to make sure everything is rebuilt using the same toolchain,
5 > including the toolchain itself. Pretty much the same as installing from
6 > scratch though, but at least you won't have to configure everything again.
7 >
8 > I suspect changing ACCEPT_KEYWORDS in the middle was not a good idea.
9
10 Another thing. Since you're now on glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1, before you
11 rebuild system and world, make sure to upgrade your kernel to 2.6.28-r1
12 and also upgrade to linux-headers-2.6.28-r1. Rebuild
13 glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1 after that and reboot. If that won't help,
14 continue with the plan of rebuilding system and world :P
15
16 I've had mysterious issues when running newest glibc with older kernels
17 and linux-headers that were similar to yours.