From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ifplugd breaks services
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 03:47:07
1 > On Jun 8, 2014, at 21:19, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 20:44:47 +0300, Matti Nykyri wrote:
5 >
6 >>> Have you tried changing rc_depend_strict in /etc/rc.conf?
7 >>
8 >> Setting rc_depend_strict to NO, fixes the problem :) With that set to
9 >> YES all the services are killed. So I'll stick with NO. Still I think
10 >> that all services stopped should be restarted by default.
11 >
12 > Yes, it does seem like a bug, or at least an "undocumented feature".
13
14 Actually found the true reason for the services not starting. When you stop samba it fails to terminate 2 instances of nbmd. So when you try to start samba it fails. But it will start normally on the second go. Both of these failures will fall within samba or openrc.
15
16 >>> <flamebait>Or you could switch to systemd which I suspect could be
17 >>> made to handle this situation better.</flamebait> :)
18 >>
19 >> I rather not ;)
20 >
21 > You're already using some "Lennartware" so you're already on the slippery
22 > slope :-O