From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updating old box: segfaults with python
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:16:35
1 Am 09.01.2014 08:07, schrieb Mick:
2
3 > If dev-lang/python:2.7 does not allow you to emerge glibc then use
4 > eselect to switch --python2 to an older python available in that
5 > box and try emerging glibc with that. You may have to repeat this
6 > until successful (hopefully) with dev-lang/python:2.7.
7
8 > I don't know if you would need to update glibc in smaller steps (I
9 > can't recall how many versions were there in between) but this can
10 > be a painful process.
11
12 It already is ... I face problems with postfix now ... needing another
13 kernel leading to the udev-upgrade needing other kernel-option(s) ...
14 you know.
15
16 I only have python 2.7 / 3.2 / 3.3 now installed.
17
18 glibc-2.17 *builds* OK (emerge -B) but does not install ... when I
19 read correctly it does not find the class eutils.class (which is there
20 ...).
21
22 The memory seems OK to me ...