From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updating old box: segfaults with python
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 07:08:08
1 On Wednesday 08 Jan 2014 14:37:00 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 08.01.2014 14:36, schrieb Mick:
3 > >> I don't know if I am stating the obvious but just in case: Have
4 > >> a look here and set up your --python2 to reflect what you have
5 > >> installed. You may need to go at it in steps between versions.
6 > >
7 > > Oops! Pulled the trigger too fast - sorry:
8 > >
9 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/Python/python-r1/user-guide.xml
10 >
11 > Yep.
12 >
13 > I tried to install glibc-2.17 again and it failed again.
14 > Re-applied the 2.16-tarball ...
15 >
16 > python-3.3.2-r2 emerged fine, I assume I should also re-emerge
17 > dev-lang/python:2.7 ?
18
19 If dev-lang/python:2.7 does not allow you to emerge glibc then use eselect to
20 switch --python2 to an older python available in that box and try emerging
21 glibc with that. You may have to repeat this until successful (hopefully)
22 with dev-lang/python:2.7.
23
24 I don't know if you would need to update glibc in smaller steps (I can't
25 recall how many versions were there in between) but this can be a painful
26 process.
29 Regards,
30 Mick