From: "Tero Grundström" <tero@××××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6 and OpenGL
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 16:01:39
1 On Sun, 7 May 2006, Rohit Sharma wrote:
2
3 > marcin wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi
6 >>
7 >> I've been comparing lately performance OpenGL apps against different
8 >> kernels 2.6.x and 2.4. Overall performance is comparable but a scheduler
9 >> of kernel 2.6 is very annoying (to say at least).
10 >
11 > I have not tried it myself, but there is an option in kernel config
12 > which facilitates the role of "Low latency desktop" in the 2.6 kernels.
13 > A parameter can be set to 1000 [default] and can be lowered to 250 [for
14 > low lat desk..]. It may help. Plus if you chose deadline scheduler as
15 > standard, it may help.
16
17 No, the best setting for desktop is 1000. From the kernel config help:
18
19 CONFIG_HZ_1000:
20
21 1000 HZ is the preferred choice for desktop systems and other
22 systems requiring fast interactive responses to events.
26 T.G.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list