From: Rohit Sharma <bhavhit@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 2.6 and OpenGL
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 14:01:33
1 marcin wrote:
2
3 > Hi
4 >
5 > I've been comparing lately performance OpenGL apps against different
6 > kernels 2.6.x and 2.4. Overall performance is comparable but a scheduler
7 > of kernel 2.6 is very annoying (to say at least).
8
9 I have not tried it myself, but there is an option in kernel config
10 which facilitates the role of "Low latency desktop" in the 2.6 kernels.
11 A parameter can be set to 1000 [default] and can be lowered to 250 [for
12 low lat desk..]. It may help. Plus if you chose deadline scheduler as
13 standard, it may help.
14
15 Regards,
16 Rohit