From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo + wifi
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 20:51:55
1 On 2021-03-22, antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On 22/03/2021 13:17, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> If you don't want to spend quite that much money, I'm a fan of
4 >> Lenonovo Moto "G" series phones. You get a lot of phone for your money
5 >> and very little "bloat". A few of the models used to be available as
6 >> pure vanilla android, but I don't know if any of the current models
7 >> are.
8 >
9 > Agreed. I had a G5 (all the reviews said it was the lemon between the G4
10 > and the G6, but I liked it). It's now been replaced by a G8. The main
11 > thing I don't like is the stock android! It's changed between the 5 and
12 > 8 - from Android 8.1 to 10. And afaik they're all close to stock.
13
14 The G's are all very close to stock Android, but there were one or two
15 models that were advertised as "pure" (or maybe I'm thinking of the
16 X?). I've currently got a G8 power, and it'll easily go 3 days without
17 needing charging. There were also some Moto One models which used to
18 run stock Android One, but I don't think they still actually ran
19 Adroid One the last time I checked.
22 Grant