From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] seamonkey helper apps
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:13:00
1 On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I use to listen to my voice mail, via mplayer and seamonkey.
5 > I setup mplayer to play voice-message.wav and it (use to)
6 > worked beautifully.
7 >
8 > Now I cannot get it to work. Any suggestion as to a simple app.
9 > I can set up as a helper application in seamonkey to play .wav
10 > files?
11 >
12 > The file command tells me this about the voice-message.wav file
13 > sent to me from vonage:
14 >
15 > file voice-message.wav
16 > voice-message.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio,
17 > ITU G.711 mu-law, mono 8000 Hz
18 >
19 > ideas?
22 > James
23
24 I also have Vonage and use Seamonkey and everything is working okay
25 for me. I'm using the gecko-mediaplayer plugin, but opening with
26 gmplayer or something works too.
27
28 Paul