From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: seamonkey helper apps
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:34:30
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I also have Vonage and use Seamonkey and everything is working okay
5 > for me. I'm using the gecko-mediaplayer plugin, but opening with
6 > gmplayer or something works too.
7
8 Well here's my 'helper applications' entry
9 Maybe a syntax error?
10
11 Helper Applications "voice-message/wav"
12
13 MIMI Type "voice-message/wav"
14 Extension "wav"
15 Open it with "/usr/bin/mplayer"
16
17 <no quotes>
20 The baffling things is I can use this string
21 in my seamonkey browser to play the saved audio clip;
22 it plays just fine, using mplayer or amarok:
25 file:///home/<path>/voice-message.wav
28 I can use aplay <path/filename> and some wav
29 files play
30 ( aplay close.wav
31 Playing WAVE 'close.wav' : Signed 16 bit
32 Little Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Mono)
33
34 and some don't, like my voice mails:
35 (aplay voice-message.wav
36 aplay: test_wavefile:782: can't play WAVE-file
37 format 0x0007 which is not PCM or FLOAT encoded)
38 Not sure if this matters...?
39
40 So it's got to be a seamonkey mis-config?
41 Here's my Seamonkey flags:
42 (crypt gnome ipv6 java ldap mozdevelop postgres)
45 KDE is the destop.
51 James