From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing via GRML
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:24:06
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > Over the last week, I read where many folks recommend installing
7 > Gentoo using GRML.
8 > Since I have a p3 (650Mz) system I'm installing to build a
9 > small web server for a friend, I figured I check out installing
10 > gentoo via GRML.
11 >
12 > Does anyone know of a wiki or simple guide I can follow to do this?
13
14 Sure. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml
15
16 IOW: Use the original documentation. Chapter 2 is of course then
17 of no use, for the most part. The thing about hdparm and user
18 accounts is valid none the less, though.
19
20 Best regards,
21 Michael
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list