From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo from USB stick
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 01:59:26
1 On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 19:48 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2 > How hard is to install Gentoo from a USB stick? Is it officially supported this type of installation?
3 > I can find instruction here and there; and some notes that is not an easy task.
4 >
5 > The reason I'm asking is that I'm putting a new PC together and want to get rid of CD all together.
6
7 I personally have installed Gentoo from USB stick (RIPLinux) many times
8 without any issues. There's really no difference.
9
10 With the way the Gentoo works, all you really need for an install is
11 bootable Linux that can talk to your devices... That's one of the great
12 things about Gentoo.
15 -a
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list