From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing Gentoo from USB stick
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 02:33:25
1 On 07/11/08 20:55, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 >On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 19:48 -0600, Joseph wrote:
3 >> How hard is to install Gentoo from a USB stick? Is it officially supported this type of installation?
4 >> I can find instruction here and there; and some notes that is not an easy task.
5 >>
6 >> The reason I'm asking is that I'm putting a new PC together and want to get rid of CD all together.
7 >
8 >I personally have installed Gentoo from USB stick (RIPLinux) many times
9 >without any issues. There's really no difference.
10 >
11 >With the way the Gentoo works, all you really need for an install is
12 >bootable Linux that can talk to your devices... That's one of the great
13 >things about Gentoo.
16 >-a
17
18 How did you transfer bootable CD into a stick?
21 #Joseph
22 GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list