From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fw: updating /etc/package.accept_keywords
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 22:24:06
1 n952162@×××.de wrote:
2 > And, what are the consequences that I'm suffering, that I haven't done that before, for over a year?
3 >
4 >> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2019 um 23:55 Uhr
5 >> Von: n952162@×××.de
6 >> An: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 >> Betreff: updating /etc/package.accept_keywords
8 >>
9 >> I have many files like ._cfg0000_package.accept_keywords.
10 >> Is the right way to handle this to do something like:
11 >>
12 >> sort -u ._cfg????_package.accept_keywords >| package.accept_keywords
16 Look into etc-update, dispatch-conf and other commands that help with
17 updating those.  I admit, I'm bad to let them sit to because I usually
18 manually update important stuff.  I don't wait that long tho.  Keep in
19 mind, there is a small chance that a bad config could result in
20 something not working when you reboot or not being able to completely
21 boot at all.  It depends on what files are not updated.
22
23 Hope that helps.
24
25 Dale