From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bind-9.7.1_p2 does not want to stop...
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:41:08
1 On 16. 11. 2010 20:47, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Do you absolutely *have* to run bind? Aside from it being a 100% RFC-compliant
4 > reference server, it's a pig to run in real life. For an auth server, powerdns
5 > is very good. For a cache, unbound.
6
7 Well, not *absolutely*, but I'm an old dog used to work with old tools
8 like bind, sendmail, etc. I'm getting older with them...
9
10 > What you have here is common. Bind can't find, or can't deal with, it's PID
11 > file. Or it's just being stubborn.
12 >
13 > Check your config that the PID file is in the right place, usable and that it
14 > has the correct pid in it. Also check the init script for the same thing.
15
16 To me pid seems to be in the right place. Nothing suspicious...
17
18 > Failing that, there's "kill -9", this won't break anything but might
19 > disconnect a client.
20
21 Well, I could kill the process while working in terminal. But when
22 I forget to do it and try to shutdown server, it hangs and waits.
23 And *that* is a problem. I have to power it off, and next time when
24 I boot up, I have to fsck all partitions...
25
26 Jarry
30 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
31 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.